SKETCHES - Animation Movie Style


I'm still trying to find a matching style for my animation short movie – the one I have to do for my university. I did numerous blind, half-blind and speed portraits as well as several experiments on different drawing techniques which you can see in the following sketch dump.




... on finding my style so far.




There will be 3 main characters in my story: a girl, a demon and a ghost-like-cat. This was my first attempt at drawing them. As I was told, it was too detailed and not personalized enough, so I tried a more simplistic approach.





Nope.. didn't like that at all.

Then I suddenly made a small detour to Tim Burton..




I may have to add that I listened to "The Pit and the Pendulum" by Edgar Allan Poe while drawing those sketches.






*this escalated quickly*

As you may have already guessed by now, the story will be quite dark with a focus on fear and insanity – yep, that's my metier.
But that's why the style also has to transport this special kind of mood.

I then went back to the roots and scribbled onto dozens of papers as you could already see at the beginning of this post.








This is also how far I am right now. I'll probably move on with those last sketches.
Yet I dunno where it will take me eventually, but I think I am headed in the right direction.

Must. Not. Surrender.
Have to carry on.


*my wayward sooon* 
damn, those fandoms...
Note to myself: never ever start watching a new series right before your exam... again.

Not good. Definitely not good.




Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. Hallo,

    Ich bin durch Amazon auf deinen Blog gestoßen, und finde deine Zeichnungen sind der Wahnsinn :O.

    Benutzt du das Moleskine Kreativ-Skizzenbuch noch?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hallöchen :)
      Vielen Dank und ja, ich benutze diese Skizzenbücher immer noch, da sie einfach die besten sind ;)
      lG

      Delete